Monday, January 4, 2016

TKAM Setting Blog

            When I first looked at this image I looked at the big dark spot on the image. I'm not really sure what this means or represents but I think I have a good idea. For starters, it is obviously something that wasn't suppose to be seen in this picture. It could be advertisement or a license plate. Which isn't something I really need to look closely into because it is just one thing I'll never know. The second thing I noticed is that there isn't many people outside but there is several cars outside. What I am inferring is that this is a religious town. Which would make sense in my opinion because the people are nicely dressed. I could be mistaken by their everyday attire but I have reasonable doubt.

           I know this picture was taken a while back because of multiple reasons. For one, the most obvious, the picture is in black and white. The second piece of evidence is the cars in the picture. All the cars look very similar and very old. I can also use my prior knowledge and know that the cars are older models. The third reason is the way the people are dressed. They are either going to church as a community or all in the towns main street, in their normal everyday clothing.

           I believe that this photo was taken because it shows how close everything was in a small town. Everything was accessible and close together because everyone new one another. This also shows how different it was back then compared to now. They left the windows down in the cars without fear of people taking it. That is some serious trust they had to have back then. Another reason this image was taken because it makes you think and possibly make a connection to the photo. For example, I made a ton of connections with this photo. I've seen a photo just like this in a scrap book in my house which made me think it was taken around the same time. This is a great image for many purposes.







1 comment: