Friday, January 22, 2016

Second Quarter Reflection

We have reached the end of 2nd Quarter...can you believe it?! Now take a moment to reflect on what you have learned so far. Some questions* to consider:

- Of the books you have read this quarter, which was your favorite? Why?
- *In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in English Language Arts? 
- *What is something you have accomplished since the new year that you are proud of?
- Where are you in your 40 Book Challenge? 
- *What has been the most challenging part of 2nd Quarter for you and what did/can you do to help overcome this?
- How have your blogs been progressing since August? 
- What strategies have benefited you? 
- What have you learned about the world? 
- How have your research skills improved?

Make sure to include a topic sentence and supporting details that fully support your main idea.

*Question must be addressed.

          In the second quarter made a lot of improvements and figured out my struggles. One of the many weaknsses I had was putting in my best meffort. Putting in my best effort was just something I didn't do because I was just oazy. This is a habit that I stopped when I just put my mind to it and prioritized it because this along with the many struggles became bad. Although it was one of the easiest ones to overcome. Putting my mind to things and focusing was the biggest strategies I used to help me out.

          Where I improved the most in the second quarter was in my test taking. Before I never studied and barely made it to a 3. This however, was a easier habit to break out of because this was something that wasn't to time consuming to learn how to do. During my vocab tests also I would kind of doze off adnd not focus on the test itself. This would really kill my train of thought. What I do now is focus on the test and only on the test to improve overall on my test scores. This was also the main focus throughout the 2nd quarter.

          Where I struggled the most in the second quarter was time management. This is the biggest struggle I've ever had academically because this has become a habit. Now that it has become a habit it has been harder to get out of doing. For example, when I get home I fall asleep and don't do any of my homework until 2 A.M which is really badl. How I can approve upon this is to basically create a schedule for myself and make sure everything is done. This will not only improve my time management but also will improve my grades. Overall, if I fix this up I can be the greatest student I can be in my eyes and hopefully it'll help me in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment