Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Final Reflection Blog

                 End of the Year Reflection                   


          The most important things I've learned this year was how to properly right a paragraph, how to make sure I have no errors in my writing and all the different kinds of poetry there is. How to right a paragraph now is what I will for sure remember for the rest of my life it is one of the most important thing in my opinion. It's important because without knowing this I would not be prepared for my future years in school. It is a great life skill that is really good to know. Also what Mrs. Larson taught me was how to proof read my own work. I use to just write something and not read over it thoroughly but, she gave me a knew perspective on it and showed me how important it is.

          The nicest thing that someone did for me in class was guide me throughout the class because I was a new kid in the class when I came. The person who helped me out was Devin he basically explained the whole class to me and the way it works. I really remember that day too, I was so shy to be in a new class but with Devin's' help he changed my thoughts on the class. I actually taught some people things coming into this class. What I taught someone was that if you are using a picture and it isn't coming out clear you have to drag it to your desktop and then insert it to your work. This helped them a lot because none of the picture looked as well as iit was suppose to.

          Where I really made improvements in was test taking. I was terrible at tests and I never really did to well on them because i never knew how to properly study. However, once I came here I have never got a lower grade than a B, except for one time because I didn't study but I retook it and got an A. It is all thanks to Quizlet because the studying methods that it uses helps me out a lot and is a fun way to do it. Therefore, I use it all the time for every test I take and I do a lot better and my confidence is increasing. I am proud to be in this class because I wasn't in it for the first two quarters but for the last two. It isn't to come into this class and stay above a B in it. I shrived through it and started to feel comfortable. That was the biggest challenge too to keep up with all of these amazing kids and their talents. I am not the brightest but I still try my best and I believe if I keep on believing I will succeed. I overcame that challenge and it feels like I made it.

           The best piece of writing that I did was the "Nonsense Poem" because I could really take out my humor and put it into a poem. I also was able to make up words in the poem which was amazing because I always make up words and it basically fit my style of writing. My goofy yet effective type of writing. My personal favorite thing we did while reading this year was reading "Of Mice and Men" it is the best book that I've read ever. It is my favorite because the whole book is left in suspense and the book really requires you to think. I'm not going to spoil anything but the ending is the craziest ending ever I honestly didn't expect that. 

           My advice to the kids who come into Mrs. Larson's class is good luck. It is one of the toughest class I've ever took and to have two classes with her! I mean but, you've already made it this far into her class so why not "Just keep swimming." The class isn't as bad as I just explained it is as good as you make it because if you make it a bad time then that's on you, but if you make it a great time it'll eventually be your favorite class. After a lot of people told me it is really hard and it is difficult to get an A in her class, I just ignored them because that is only their opinion. The first month in her class was rough because I was still being taught the way her class works and other things like that but after that it was all uphill from there. Three key things you need to follow in her class is always be prepared. What I mean is have your homework done at all times and study for all tests. The last and final thing to do is HAVE FUN! The class is only as fun as you make it. My final advice for you is GOOD LUCK! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment