Monday, May 23, 2016

Final reflection Blog

What are the three most important things you learned this year?

One of the  three most important things that I've learned this year is Empathy. I learned how to be an empathetic person and have the ability to put myself into someone else's shoes and feel what they are going through. Another thing that I've learned is how to properly write a sentence. With dependent clauses, independent clauses, and phrases. Lastly sow,thing huge that I've learned is a lot of different words I can use into sentences and I've really expanded my vocabulary.

2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?

Reading the book To Kill a Mocking Bird. I will never forget that whole experience I learned so much from that book and I'm proud to say that is one of my favorite books. This book is what taught me empathy and that's the best life lesson to learn in my opinion. I believe that I will use this until I die because it is just the right thing to do.

3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?

When I fell behind on all of my work and I was really in a hole I couldn't dig out of the whole class was there to help me. Whenever I asked them for help they used empathy and realized how much I was struggling and they would help me finish up my work. I have so much respect for my class because even if they had a lot of work to do they still helped me out.

4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?

What I taught a student this year is that even if you fall down there is always a way back up. A friend of mine had a lot of problems come up and was unsure how to deal with them. I told them to just keep on fighting through it and not let anything phase you. Also the book Tuesday's with Morrie helped the student out because the book showed there is always a bright side.

5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?

I think the area I made the biggest improvements in is my writing overall. I feel like this whole year helped me with writing. I learned how to finally make a decent argumentative paper, answer questions properly and how to take notes. This is what I am most proud of because this'll carry over to high school with me and I will hopefully become a better writer.

6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?

The most challenging part of the year was when I fell behind on my work. I started becoming absent more and missing the criteria I needed to know to do the work. This struggle lasted very long and it took me almost a whole quarter to get myself together. However, my classmates were there for me and helped me get out of the struggle I was facing and helped me to persevere.

7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?

The best piece of writing that I've done this year has to be my Argumentative Essay because I learned a lot about how cruel this world really is and how animal testing is alive and well the reason why I saty it was my best writing is because I had fun doing it. I could really speak my mind and get out what I believe using facts at not just opinions. This also taught me to find reliable websites.

8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

Tuesday's with Morrie in my opinion was the best book that we've read this year because it really gave me a whole new outlook on life. I feel like this book has prepared me for my future and will help me get through high school.

9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?

Always stay on top of your work and never fall behind. If you do fall behind though do your best to get back and even try to get a little ahead if you can. Everyone needs a little break for a while but don't go on a permanent vacation. This will really affect your mentality and will change a lot so just don't  do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment