Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Just keep Swimming

Growing up I always wanted to go to Heritage and tryout for the basketball team. I felt like I could take my basketball “skills” to the next level. I was really nervous because I wanted to make the team, so of course I tried my best during tryouts. 

The first time I tried out for the 7th grade all star basketball team, I didn't make it. I regretted wanting to quit basketball after I didn't make the basketball team. I like to think of me not making the team as a lesson that I need to give 110% all the time. I believe in the power of perseverance. That following summer I played basketball and formed a routine of wake up, eat breakfast, go outside, get home at 6:30, eat dinner, and then play basketball until 9. As I saw how much better I was, I knew this was going to be my year.

 After the summer came 8th grade and a couple months after that, came tryouts. Not as many people went but everyone there had good talent. I didn't let it get in my head. I ended up having a really good tryout. Mr. Calkins and I talked about how great I did and how I made the team. During the season, I had no playing time and we lost every game. However, that's not the point. I still made the team and reached my childhood goal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment