Monday, May 2, 2016

Tuesday's with Morrie blog

All of the Tuesdays that I've read about so far in the book have been great. Morrie has taught me so many life lessons and really showed me what life truly means. I've never really felt so close to a character in my life and I feel like Morrie is a terrific person. Furthermore, Morrie inspires me with every single word he says because that's just who he is. He's really tought me a lot from how to live your life and how to basically end it. Now I know there is a favorite for everything but I hate to single out one Tuesday because all of them are great in their own significant ways. Although, if I had to choose one Tuesday I would choose the sixth Tuesday.

The "Sixth Tuesday: We talk about emotions"with Morrie is the best in my opinion for several different reasons. The main one is that I learned a lot about Morrie and learned a lot about being selfless. I really can respect Morrie because he is a very selfless person, the reason I say this is because Morrie told his family to continue their lives and not ruin them because of him. Even if that would make Morrie very lonely and feel a but neglected, but it didn't. If that was me I honestly would want my family at home with me at every step of the way until I die. Which I know now is very selfish. Another thing I learned about is emotions and why people avoid them. People end up avoiding their emotions because they are fearful. This then puts them in a terrible position which is terrible and what happens is instead of their emotions overwhelming them fear is overwhelming them. Which in my opinion know it is not really the best thing to have.

On "The fourth Tuesday: We talk about death" this chapter in the book really talks about death which really sets the true mood of the book which I still don't really know what it is. Anyways, this chapter may be about death but it is about emotions and how people feel about Morrie going. The emotion I gained from this chapter is more of an acceptance kind of emotion because I've always have known how to die but I've never really known how to live. That's what this chapter gives off to the readers or me for that matter. This also showed me several different  perspectives and aspects on life but almost every chapter did. One thing that really spoke to me and had me in awe was "We really don't experience the world fully, because we're half-asleep, doing things we automatically think we have to do.'". Immediately I thought of school, school is a wonderful way to gain education and stuff but we go to it as a routine but not necessarily because we want to. There is so many great things that come from school it's just that we often overlook it.

No comments:

Post a Comment