Friday, May 6, 2016

Socratic Seminar Reflection

These past four seminars that I have experienced have been influential and really made me think about the book. I've never really would've understood the book as much as I do now if we didn't do Socratic seminars because a Socratic seminar make you rethink and expand your knowledge. However, the first one that we had wasn't really all that good because we were still trying to understand the concept but the last three were pretty spot on. The last seminar was the best in my opinion because I can see everyone's feeling about how the book ended and the facial expressions the class gave is priceless. 

A trend that I noticed with my personal goals was to talk more during the seminar. Although I never really said much in the beginning I began to talk to a lot more than I did before in the first two. I looked at my last reflection paper said to talk more and bring up a question. The question that I brought actually made me feel good because it made people think about how they would feel if the ending of the book wasn't the same. This was something I was relatively proud of but I'm not proud that I didn't talk more.

A trend that I noticed with the class was to draw someone in who really doesn't speak much at the Socratic seminars. I really enjoyed this trend because I was drawed in one time and If I wasn't I wouldn't have said anything at that seminar at all. I also admire how the class wants everyone to be involved and work together. The class wants everyone to be heard and get their opinions out. Overall, the seminars is the best way to talk about a book and the way you feel about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment