Monday, February 16, 2015

Poetry Refelection

Stone Airplane (Falling Up)

By: Shel Silverstein

I made an airplane out of stone…

I always did like staying home.



I think the author wrote this because it'll get a good laugh out of his readers and he doesn't want them to think that all his poems are serious. What picture I visualized was a kid in a plane made stone and he was the most depressed kid ever. He would be sad because he can't actually fly.


I really enjoy this poem because it is really funny. I know it may be short but there is a lot of words to me that are spoken in this poem. I say this because it makes a lot of sense and it really gets straight to the point. I honestly think if this poem was longer it wouldn’t be the same because this poem doesn’t need much thinking to understand it. It reminds me of a time when me and my brother made a car out of a box and it didn't move at all. It is basically the same thing as the poem. This connection is text to self.

No comments:

Post a Comment