Friday, February 13, 2015

Weekly Blog

The Testing by: Joelle Charbonneau 


Writing Prompt: Describe
When describing something, use descriptive words and lots of details. Describe it
so that a person reading what you wrote can make a picture in their mind with what
you are saying.
• Describe the important ideas in this story.
• Describe the similarities and differences between the main character and you.
• Describe the main characters.
• Describe the mood of what you are reading.

               The important ideas of this book is that there is a girl named Cia Vale and she was selected to go to these series of tests at a university because she was very smart. The Testing is basically like survival of the fittest but not necessarily. I say it's survival of the fittest because the kids who were selected have to be smart, athletic and ready to anything needed to survive. Also try to make friends so they can help you through the tests but don't get too close to them because someone will do anything to win The Testing they'd probably even backstab you. 

                Cia Vale is a girl who is intelligent , cunning, clever, and  overall hardworking.  Me on the other hand is a humorous, athletic, smart, clever, and creative. The only real main quality Cia and I have in common is that we are both smart and clever.  I say that Cia is clever because she knows how to work her way through things even if she doesn't really know how to do it. Cia is obviously really smart and intelligent because she was selected to go to the testing in the first place. Cia has qualities that I don't have for sure though like mainly hardworking. I'm not saying that I'm not hardworking but sometimes I get lazy and not do things or finish. Cia on the other hand never gives up and never stops and never settles.

                  The mood that I had coming into reading this book is that I was really bored, like the main reason I started to read was because I was bored. The thing is  that as I started to read the less bored I'd be getting. Also I was getting very jumpy too because is was pretty nervous on thinking  about what was going to happen next to Cia. Also because of that fact that she was going through the tests such as the maze it all of a sudden got really interesting for me overall, but the mood of what I was reading was like an adrenaline rush kind of mood. Everything was really fast paced and everyone was ready to run through the maze.




1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog! I really liked how you compared Cia to yourself. I am barely starting to read this book and I think you described Cia well(from what I already read). I also liked how you didn't give away any spoilers. One thing that I would do is add a couple of commas where they need to go. For example you said, " Also because of that fact that she was going through the tests..." I would put a comma after also. Overall great blog and I look forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete